Tuesday, August 12, 2008

My visit to the NICU!

Hello! It's me, Jordan again... there's just too much to catch up on! My mom says she will make a post about the rest of our Arizona trip soon!

While we were in Arizona we visited our old ward! It was still just about the same to our surprise! I got to see my friend Lindsay from when I was little. We were partners in crime! While I was telling my famous "Blue Bus" story (if you don't know it ask my mom), she was telling everyone that her dad was an alcholic (which was completely NOT true). Apparently we were pretty funny!
While we were visiting the ward we caught up with my old nursery leader who is actually STILL the ward nursery leader! She is a NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit) nurse so I told her that's exactly what i'm starting school for! She told me she was working that night and invited me to come shadow her! She was working the night shift so I didn't stay more that a couple of hours, but it was so fun!!!! Thanks Debbie!!!


She gave me this little tiny blood pressure cuff!

It was so cute and tiny! That's a dime next to it!


It fits around my index finger!

I didn't see too much exciting. There were just two jaundice babies on photo therapy. My favorite part though was when she started to show me all the needles! I know i'm wierd. If I just got to do IV's all day that would make me happy. Debbie told me that if the word gets out in the hospital where I work that I like to do them, I will be doing them all day long and that's fine with me!

No comments: