Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Funny Sunday and LaChelle's Birthday!!!

Every Sunday for as long as I can remember our entire family (well almost all of us) have gotten together to eat and have fun. I don't know why, but yesterday was a particularly fun Sunday. I could have been that we were all in rare form, or that the Oscars were on, or something else, but it was SO fun!
My Mom and Grandma went the Mexican grocery store on Saturday and picked up tons of yummy things! We love Mexican food! So that's what we ate. One item was pollo esada. Aparently we had some "family tradition" of eating this every Friday night when we were little. Amber and I DO NOT remember this at all and are convinced that we are being lied to! Me and Amber were in one of our not-so-uncommon, completely, and utterly stupid moods so we teased Mom and Dad all night. It started with "What's pollo esada? We don't remember that!" and went as far as "What's salsa? Some kind of ketchup?". We were saying all of this in a silly voice that we always do. Mom is gullible and it took a little while for her to catch on, which only made it funnier!
Also, the Oscars were on and we decided to print out ballots this year. Mom won with 14 correct, I came in 2nd with 6, Kevin, Amber, and Grammy got 5, and Dad got 4. It was really fun and I think we will do it again next year!
Jake has been particularly funny lately. He caught Amber with some candy and said "Momma, what's that she's chewing? Do you have candy in your mouth Momma? That's a NO NO NO NO NO!" And shook his finger in her face! What a turkey! He wanted corn for dinner so he brought it to me and said "T! You want some corn? It's good for your body!" Next, the puppy had a little accident and Jake said, " Cameron! Did you go potty on the floor? I think you did!" and then told us that Cameron needed a diaper. He said so many other funny things that I can't remember too. Love that kid!
It was also "Aunt Chelle's" birthday yesterday!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LACHELLE!!!!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I love all your fun family traditions. I wish I'd seen your blog sooner to know about the freebies. I heard the line to iHop was LONG. I probably won't make it over. Let me know how it goes!