Sunday, February 1, 2009

"Snow" in Texas...

This week in Texas has been so COLD! On Tuesday and Wednesday, we had "snow". It's really just a bunch of nasty ice and sleet, but everyone calls it snow. The big storm hit Tuesday night and school was cancelled Tuesday and Wednesday. Wednesday, I could understand the cancellations, but Tuesday? Come on people! Utah-ins would be laughing histarically. I personally don't like when school gets cancelled because it makes for a horrifying work day. My boss and I decided that the Lifetime Fitness Child Center is worse than the post office. We open in rain, snow, ice, tornados, etc. We are also open 7 days a week and only ever close on Christmas. I was one of 2 employees to actually show up on Wednesday morning. But enough whining, I LOVE the cold, so I was in my element! My Grandma has been in the hospital all week and my Mom and I decided we needed to get out. So on Tuesday night after leaving the hospital, we decided to go out to eat and see a movie... when it was less than 20 degrees... tons of ice... we ARE intelligent people, I promise. We ate at Blue Goose Cantina (so yummy!) and saw Bride Wars (got bad reviews, but we Loved it!). When we got out of the movie around 9:30, everything was iced over and completely frozen and no one else was out. We walked, very slowly, out to the car only to find that it was frozen shut. After yanking on the handles, the doors finally opened and we got inside and immediately turned on the seat warmers. We couldn't see out of any of he windows, so we got out and attempted to scrape the ice off with credit cards as Texans don't carry scrapers. That didn't work very well, so we just turned on the windshield wipers in hopes that the heat from the friction would melt it eventually. It did the job well enough so we moved on to the side windows. My Mom rolled down my window to see if it would just break off by it's self, and this is what we found...


I don't know if you can see where the window is rolled down to, but there was a perfect sheet of ice!!! It was kind of neat! The entire car/ice incident had us laughing so hard! It was really fun! Long story short, that's what happens when you mix Texans and ice storms y'all!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Funny!

You guys are great fun. Love the photo and your expression too.

Ashley said...

I love too when it snows! I wish it did more often but I have to admit I do love the 70's too.