Friday, April 10, 2009

That just made my day...

Today at work we were the busiest I think we have ever been. And we were up to our eye balls in stress. I think I put away one bucket of legos at least 10 times in a matter of 45 minutes, stopped/broke up at least 50 fights, etc. Crazy day! I needed something to cheer me up. I was just doing the norm (playing, comforting, talking to the kids, etc.) when I noticed an older Asian Dad, who does not speak much english, had been watching me since I said hello to him. I was thinking to myself, "that's a bit creep-tacular that he is watching me.", when he stopped me and said, "You are going to be a wonderful mother someday." with a sweet smile on his face like he really ment it!
That just made my day.

5 comments:

Katie said...

I love this story!! I also love the word "creep-tacular" =) Am definitely going to add it to my vocabulary!

The Hall Family said...

Oh Jordan, how sweet! I'm sorry I was taking a nap when you got home and didn't get to hear about your experience! I am so glad that man took the time out of his busy day to tell you how he was feeling. Now, you must pay it forward! The world would be a much better place! Thank you for being such a wonderful example to those around you! I love you - Mom

Jamie said...

awe, what a cool story jord! you will be a wonderful mom someday!

Brenda Chela said...

Awww, that's so sweet!!! and nice word: "creep-tacular" hahaha

Kevin, Amber & Jake said...

cute!i can totally see your face while saying creeptacular!